- PLEASE REMEMBER these shut-ins: Norm Singleton, David Blouch, Dorothy Blouch, Bette Digney, Kathy and Elizabeth Jankowski, Kathy Prowznik, Meridith Campbell and Juanita Johns.
- For INFORMATION about and the news of the East Ohio Conference of the United Methodist Church, see their website: www.eocumc.com
- For INFORMATION about and the news of the North Coast District of the United Methodist Church, see their website: www.ncdistrictumc.org
- THE DISTRICT and CONFERENCE offer many services and events that are of interest for all Methodists. The events are often free of charge. Details are on the websites noted above. All such activities are focused on making both our Church and us more effective as witnesses and workers for Christ.
- THE PRAYER Team. Please see Doug & Tamme Nelson, Roger Moore or Dennis J. Robinson (California) for more information.
- OUR TRANSPORTATION MINISTRY is in need of back-up drivers with their own car and insurance to be on call to pick up locally current worship attendees for Sunday morning worship especially and/or possibly for other church activities. Please let Barb Hough know if you are able to assist.
- PLEDGES FOR ROOF REPAIR CAMPAIGN Be sure to turn in your pledge to help pay for the recent roof repairs
- VOLUNTEERS are needed to greet the people at Sunday Services.
- COMMUNITY MEAL STAFF urgently requests members and friends of Cove UMC bring in coffee and plastic grocery bags for our grocery program. The Food Bank no longer provides coffee so we need to donate more for the Community Meal. Plastic bags are a great way to recycle and gives our neighbors some dignity when they take them home with food. Please donate both to Scott Ernst or Bill Caine.
- TRIALS FOR HOPE. We are collecting trial size personal products, i.e: shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, etc. to be given out to people in need both for men and women. There is a container in Mary Jane’s office (LCC’s secretary) where you can deposit your donations. You often get this size when you travel. Your donations are greatly appreciated.
- A COMBINED CHURCH CALENDAR is by the north doors. The persons permitted to write in dates are the Church secretaries. If you have something to add to the calendar please see or call Barb Hough.
- THE NATIONAL SUICIDE prevention life-line is 1-800-273-TALK, (8255).
- THE NATIONAL COUNSEL On Problem Gambling, 1-800-522-4700.
LAKEWOOD COMMUNITY SERVICES CENTER please remember to bring in some can goods, boxed food, they also are in need of toiletries, such as toothpaste, toothbrushes (in containers or wrapped by company), female hygiene, diapers and paper products for LCSC, also, they are in need of cat and dog food, there is a separate box for the critter food, their cupboards are bare! Thank you for all you do!
The Abitibi Bins are available! Please deposit any paper, magazine and other recyclable paper materials in them.
Food and Other Items Wanted for Needy in Lakewood
The Lakewood Community Services Center, located at 14230 Madison Avenue, is in need of many things. Along with the canned and boxed foods (tuna, peanut butter, Jello, etc.) they have a great need for toiletries such as toothpaste, prewrapped toothbrushes, shampoo, female hygiene products, diapers, and most of all toilet tissue. There is also a need for dog and cat food. Each month a particular item or type of item are highlighted for that month. Toiletries are the item for March.
There is a shopping cart and a box in the back of the Church near the Pastor’s office. All items can be placed in these containers and they will be taken to the LCSC every week.
Thank you so much for all your contributions.